Every day is a fresh start to trust God, find balance and be Nourished.
Nourish is a faith-based program designed to meet the practical, emotional and spiritual needs of family caregivers, where they are, in their faith community. Nourish is for anyone juggling the challenges of life, health, career and caring for an aging parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse…whether in town or a distance away. Nourish is an important ministry to offer, helping churches evangelize and heal those who are caring for a loved one.
Nourish was born out of need and passion. Featured in the September 2017 issue of Christ is Our Hope magazine, learn about the profound experiences which became our spark, fueled by the Holy Spirit, that lead us to build this program.
How is Nourish a Ministry?
Churches for years provide resources and support to people as they go through trials and challenges in their lives. And, churches are the place so many people turn to for important ministries such as grief support, widowed programs, divorce groups, and many others. Caregiving is a similar time of need, a time when people feel isolated, alone, ashamed and guilty. It is a time of incredible stress. With a ministry like Nourish, caregivers are invited to immerse themselves in feelings of love and confidence, finding strength through a Christ-centered view.
Why is Nourish Needed Now?
In 2016, there were a reported 43 million family caregivers in the U.S. struggling and searching for support. That number is expected to grow dramatically as the population ages. The reality is that family caregivers do not seek help, even from their healthcare providers. So, where do they go for support? Family caregivers typically turn to a close friend, another family member, online groups or a trusted member of their faith community. Now is the time to reach out and minister to the millions who are caring for a sick, disabled or aging loved one. And, Nourish is the program designed to do exactly just that.
Curious How Nourish Was Launched and Tested?
Get the background on where, when and how Nourish was started, and the partnership formed with Kelly Johnson, Director of Adult Faith Formation at St. Mary of Gostyn Parish. Our deep gratitude goes to Pastor Fr. James Schwab and Deacon Bob Miciunas (both of St. Mary of Gostyn), for their support and commitment to adopt the program. Click here to get the Nourish Background.
Simple Steps to Implement. Powerful and Lasting Results.
When you implement the Nourish Program you are creating a lasting ministry with the power to support people who find themselves at the crossroads of faith, fear and unbearable stress. As a faith community, you are achieving six critical objectives that matter most to those in the role of family caregiver. Below are the specific objectives Nourish has proven it achieves.
We understand to add another ministry raises the question of time and resources required. Few parishes have the bandwidth to add one more thing to their plate. That’s why Nourish was designed as a turnkey program, with all the support and resources to make it easily available. Additionally, you receive the Nourish logo to use with your ministry, as well as the Faith Filled Family Caregiver Community logo.
Here’s What You Get and How Nourish Works.
All you need to launch is provided with our Nourish Program.
The Nourish Monthly Program – 12 Months (Year 1)
- Leader’s Guide – Including how to facilitate small groups, implementation guide, background materials and additional tools that can be used in a wide variety of activities with participants.
- Communications Package – Including templates for church bulletin announcements, advertising in local media outlets, content for communicating events and posts on your church’s Facebook page, email communications, and much more.
- Monthly Meeting Materials – Utilizing a standard format that contains:
- Originally created prayers targeting the specific topic for that session
- Discussion and reflection questions
- An activity for group interaction (description with instructions)
- Scripture passages and Faith Tradition Framework that tie to the topic for that session
- Visual reflections with imagery that ties faith into the topic for that session
- Access to an Online Library of Family Caregiver Tools and Practical Health Content That Caregivers Seek – Our program has partnered with a leading personalized digital health platform for consumers called Sagacity.Care. We recognize that not every parish/church has a nurse or other expert familiar with the specific health, safety and coping issues family caregivers face. This rich resource fills that gap with health and caregiver content from the nation’s most trusted resources. Your church is provided unlimited access to all of the content for anyone you serve. There is no cost for this access. We do the heavy lifting for you by auto-enrolling your members and creating their accounts, along with instructions.
- Prepare to Care Workshop – The Nourish program recommends conducting a workshop, to reach out into the community and draw members into your ministry. The workshop has proven to be a wonderful evangelization activity and a strong initiative to generating awareness of your ministry. Workshop materials include:
- Hospitality and Leader’s Guide
- Communications Materials (announcement templates, etc.)
- Post-Workshop Evaluation Forms
- Powerpoint Workshop Presentation, Speaker Notes, Background Material and Handouts needed to support a 90 – 120 minute workshop at your parish/church
- Speakers are available to augment your workshop for an additional fee
Price for 1 Year Subscription = $395.00 Click Here to Subscribe Now
We look forward to helping you create a spiritual home for family caregivers by launching Nourish in your faith community…where you will touch lives and nourish souls.
For more information about implementing the Nourish Program, please contact us by using the form below. Or,click this link to Subscribe Now.